Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The end of the road

Well, ECW is in the books as over and done with. It ended with only two matches, and a lot of useless nonsense. Sounds like a typical WWE television show. Now, where does that leave this blog? It leaves it done and over. I promised myself that I would end it if this version of ECW ended. So, yea, it's over, and I'm done.

I do want to thank everyone who listened to me analyze in person, or read this on the Internet. I was reluctant to do this only because I figured no one would read it. But, based on the response I've received, I would say that I got a lot of great reviews and responses. I just wanted to pretty much say what I felt was from the heart and from my passion as a wrestling fan. I'm glad that everyone had a fun ride and enjoyed what I had to say. I hope that you got something out of this. I know I did: I learned that I'm a pretty decent writer, if not pretty good. I'm glad I got the training.

So, what's the next move? Well, I'm going for a much needed hiatus. I don't even think I can write anything new, especially since there really isn't anything I can follow on a short-term basis in hopes that I can get what I want to say out there before it goes kaput. Yes, that's right. I did this knowing that ECW was coming to an end, sooner or later. You'd have to be a complete fool to think otherwise. Do you honestly think Vince likes to make money with ideas that not only wasn't his, but ideas that hurt his product in the process? No, I don't think so. If it happens, then so be it, but that doesn't mean he has to like it. If he liked this version of ECW, he wouldn't have paraded around with the original ECW title, now would he?

So, there really isn't much more I can say, except thanks for everything. Thanks for the readers, the contributors, and anyone else who had the chance to get a glimpse of this blog (except the spammers). I guess my next move is to just enjoy NXT and other wrestling promotions like a true wrestling fan would. But, I will thank one more thing. I want to thank this version of ECW. Without it, I wouldn't have much to write about. But, I don't thank it for the negatives. I thank it for the positives. I thank it for helping to rejuvenate Christian's WWE career, for helping expose us to great young talent, for giving the Miz and Morrison a platform to reach excellence, for giving stars like Evan Bourne and C.M. Punk a place to call home when they could no longer do so elsewhere, or no longer desired to. Thanks for some of the great moments in wrestling that will always be remembered. Lastly, thanks for giving some of us who remember the original ECW a place for some of our favorite stars to call home, if for just a brief moment.

Well, I'm not going to cry or anything, especially since you can't see it. I am going to say that it's been a great ride. But, eventually, the train has to stop. It's been almost 3.5 years since the WWE decided to introduce ECW under their watchful eye. It was good, it was bad, but it was wrestling. That's what I liked best: the fact that there was wrestling to watch. Near the end, it wasn't the case, but it still was much better than what I was watching on Monday and Friday. Farewell, ECW. Thanks for the memories, the stars, and everything else in between. And for anyone out there who doesn't think that blogging about something you are passionate about is something you can do, open this blog, and read. I did this for close to two years. I sacrificed a few nights, and Sunday afternoons along with some weekday afternoons to get my thoughts out there. Trust me, it's worth it. If you can get at least one reader, it's worth it.

So long, farewell, and enjoy. Ok, and for one last time: "E-C-W, E-C-W, E-C-W....."

No comments: